Our client has entered into a multi-year partnership with a major sporting organization and is seeking qualified candidates for a Manager of Events position.
This partnership represents an exciting opportunity for the right individual to help advance the organizations’ brands, build new relationships inside and outside the related sporting industry/fan base, and advance philanthropic support around an innovative, mission-driven philanthropic campaign which will become an “official charity” of the partnered sporting events.
Position Summary – Manager of Events
The Manager of Events will coordinate, manage, and advance the client’s partnership with a major sporting association, working directly with association officials as well as the client’s senior leadership, foundation and marketing/communications department.
The ideal candidate will represent the client in high-level professional settings, will be intimately involved with the major sporting organization, will conduct travel to the related sporting event venues, and will help build a multi-year program from the ground up.
- Coordinates all client activity related to sporting association events (tournaments, corporate sponsor activities, presenting sponsor opportunities, etc.). Serves as client liaison/point person with the sporting association.
- Networks with all relevant groups to maximize efforts and leverage relationship on behalf of client.
- Works directly with the client CEO’s office with regard to sporting association hospitality and special event opportunities. Serves as on-site coordinator when hosting client guests at sporting association events.
- Represents client at all planning and logistics meetings with the sporting association related to client’s role as corporate partner and presenting event sponsor.
- In concert with the client’s chief philanthropy officer, oversees annual budget related to client’s annual sporting association activities.
- Works with sporting association officials to track, monitor, manage and report on contractual KPIs related to the partnership.
- Works closely with the client foundation team and Major Gift Officer to help implement sporting association-related fundraising activities and meet annual related fundraising goals.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field (communications, philanthropy, marketing, public relations, not-for-profit management, etc.)
Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years’ experience in event planning, communications, public relations, philanthropy, or another related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Organized and self-starting; must have an “executive” presence.
- Ability to professionally interface with CEO-level corporate partners and potential donors.
- Ability to convey passion for client, its work and the partnership with the sporting association.
- Must have, and maintain, high personal and professional integrity and be able to represent the organization in a professional and engaging manner.
- Must be able to manage multiple, complicated projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work within complex and different organizations.
Education: Master’s degree in related field.
Years of Experience: 5+ years or more years’ experience in sporting/sporting-related event planning, presentation and/or sponsorship sales.
The above list of accountabilities is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; it should not be considered exhaustive.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace