Director of Development – Area Office on Aging (AOoA) Foundation
The Development Director, in collaboration with the President/CEO, is responsible for executing a fund development strategy for AOoA.
Reports to: President/CEO
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Hours: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, full benefits package provided
Please submit cover letter (with salary requirements), resume and three references in one attachment by end of day July 17, 2020, to:
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted.
For more than three decades, AOoA has provided quality services that promote the health, well-being and independence of older adults, persons with disabilities and their families and caregivers.
AOoA and its network of 180 providers serve more than 40,000 older residents every year through programs that include:
- Assisted Living Waiver Program
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Grandparents and Relatives Raising Children Program
- Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program
Visit our website at areaofficeonaging.com.
- Implements a newly designed and comprehensive fund development strategy with initial emphasis on building out the annual fund and creating a donor stewardship and cultivation (moves management) process.
- Creates a solid infrastructure to support this strategy, to include a gift processing and acknowledgement system, donor database and software, website enhancements, etc.
- Leads all donor cultivation, solicitation and recognition efforts, including prospect list creation, submission of monthly activity reports and updates to moves management strategies.
- Manages a portfolio of 50-100 major donors and coordinates meetings between the CEO, board members and potential donors.
- Meets annual fund financial goals, including monthly key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with these goals.
- Develops and implements giving societies to increase perpetual support for programs and services.
- Develops and implements major, capital and/or endowment campaigns with approval from the board and executive director.
- Develops systems to train the board and encourage involvement in annual fund solicitation, personal giving and donor recognition.
- In concert with communications leadership and overall strategies, creates an external communications plan and fundraising materials, including a formal case for support. Creates a more effective and efficient system for sharing information such as impacts and financial/outcome data.
- Develops healthy and productive relationships with all internal stakeholders and departments including staff, board members and volunteers. Works with leadership to grow an internal culture and commitment to philanthropy.
- Builds healthy and productive relationships with external stakeholders including clients, community partners and donors. Ensures donors are not being over-solicited and communications with all are consistent.
- Strong commitment to serving the aging population.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2-3 years demonstrated fund development and/or marketing, communications or related experience, required.
- Excellent written, verbal, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, creative and a self-starter.
- Computer literate; knowledgeable of donor software systems and Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess skills necessary to efficiently plan and implement activities within policies and procedures; maintain positive working relationship; respect rights of others; demonstrate initiative and accept accountability; effectively manage time and communicate and respond to inquiries with a sense of urgency.
- Should be accessible for meetings before and after normal work hours,
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not an exhaustive list of duties to be performed.
- Open Position: Director of Development – Area Office on Aging (AOoA) Foundation [Apply to Aly Sterling Philanthropy] - July 16, 2021
- The Complete Guide to Nonprofit Strategic Planning - July 15, 2021
- Open Position: Director of Development at YWCA of Northwest Ohio [Apply to Aly Sterling Philanthropy] - July 2, 2021