ABLE Seeks Regional Director of Development
The Regional Director of Development is responsible for the development and implementation of a development outreach plan for Toledo and selected regional markets. This includes annual campaign and event planning and execution, donor cultivation, volunteer engagement and community collaboration.
The Regional Director of Development also is responsible for the creation and implementation of certain key fund development activities in the northern portion of ABLE and LAWO’s service area. This includes a concerted “friendraising” program, an enhanced annual campaign, targeted prospecting and outreach, stewardship activities, and planned giving.
The individual must be committed to ABLE and LAWO’s mission and the principle of equal access to justice, and have a passion for fundraising. He or she must be able to motivate and support board members, staff, volunteers, and donors to reach targeted annual fundraising goals. Experience with growing an annual fund, direct mail, event management, and donor stewardship is desired. The ability to identify and cultivate key relationships, be held accountable to productivity standards, and solicit significant gifts is essential.
Encouraged to Apply by July 28, 2017
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Toledo ABLE office
Hours: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Based on experience; benefits package available
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references in one document to:
Founder & President
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be considered.
Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. (ABLE) is a regional nonprofit law firm that provides high quality legal assistance in civil matters to help eligible low-income individuals and groups in western Ohio achieve self reliance, and equal justice and economic opportunity. ABLE is affiliated with Legal Aid of Western Ohio, Inc. (LAWO), also a regional nonprofit law firm that provides high quality legal assistance in civil matters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the ABLE and LAWO philanthropy vision and strategy, including meeting or exceeding the annual fundraising financial goals contained within this plan.
- Develop a personal work plan that includes measurable goals and objectives to meet the annual financial goals, including timelines, action steps, outcome measures, and the internal coordination of resources within the overall development team.
- Cultivate, solicit, and recognize donors, including the creation of key prospect lists and submission of a monthly activity report outlining strategies and updates.
- Execute along with steering committee the annual Justice for All Campaign, conducted in collaboration with the Toledo Bar Association.
- Partner with the Director of Communications to execute the annual Access to Justice fundraising event for ABLE and LAWO in the Toledo market.
- Create a “friendraising” program to introduce ABLE and LAWO to community partners, referral sources, and donors in the greater Toledo and key regional markets.
- Partner with the Executive Director to develop and implement a legacy giving program which will include creation of advisory committees, policies and procedure, creation of a giving society, oversight of scheduled communications, and distribution of marketing materials.
- Build relationships with ABLE and LAWO board and staff members, volunteers, community partners and donors that will include regular communication with individuals and attendance at relevant community events.
- Create and develop innovative programs, special projects, and tertiary giving programs that may include but not necessarily be limited to a corporate partners’ program, speaker’s bureau, and women in philanthropy program.
- Staff the ABLE and LAWO Development Advisory Council, comprised of board members and other volunteers by providing for their direction and engagement in donor cultivation, solicitation, and recognition.
- Partner with the Director of Communication on development of appropriate written materials, communication strategies, electronic and social media, and those related activities affecting fundraising and external communications regarding ABLE and LAWO.
- Work in close collaboration with the ABLE and LAWO management team and staff to create the most efficient and effective system of sharing information and program success stories, and of gathering and distributing financial and outcome data.
- Partner with the Director of Grants and Contracts to coordinate activities and develop funding relationships with foundations, corporations, public officials and other individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3 to 5 years fundraising and development leadership experience, business development and/or related field required
- Proficient with computer use and knowledge of fundraising software
- Supervisory and leadership skills required
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills, including public speaking
- Excellent writer
- Passion for fundraising
- Commitment to the mission of ABLE and LAWO
- Highly organized, creative and a self-starter
- Dependability, trustworthiness, and loyalty
- Able to mentor and to coach, motivate, and work effectively with people
- Able to work with diverse individuals in an inclusive, collaborative environment
- Able to work effectively in a team oriented, collaborative decision-making environment
- Attention to results and accountability
- Must be accessible for meetings before and after normal work hours and willing to travel as necessary
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the incumbent.
Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc.
525 Jefferson Ave., Ste. 300
Toledo, OH 43604
Latest posts by Aly Sterling Philanthropy (see all)
- 5 Strategic Fundraising Calendar Tips for Experts - August 11, 2017
- Nonprofit Staffing: 9 Pro Tips – The Nonprofit Tech Carnival - August 9, 2017
- Open Position: Nonprofit Advisor at Aly Sterling Philanthropy [Apply by August 11] - July 27, 2017