Porter County Community Foundation Seeks Director of Development
Working with the President, Board of Directors and staff, the Director of Development and Stewardship shall provide direction for the Foundation’s relationship-based fundraising programs including sources of annual operating support, major and planned gifts, giving circles and special events. The Director of Development and Stewardship will coordinate the Foundation’s strategies for donor engagement and stewardship as important components of the development process, and serve as an ambassador within the community to increase awareness of the Foundation, its mission and opportunities for donor investment and involvement.
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Valparaiso, Indiana
Hours: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, full benefits package provided.
Apply by: May 12, 2017
Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume in one attachment by end of day Friday, May 12, 2017 to:
Advisor, Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted.
Since its inception in 1996, the Porter County Community Foundation has awarded more than $19 million in grants and scholarships.
Today, the Foundation holds over $44 million in assets and annually distributes $2 million in grants. None of this would be possible without the generosity of donors, large and small, who are making innovative investments in their community.
Mission: We inspire giving and engage our community to improve lives in Porter County now and forever.
Vision: We envision Porter County as a community where everyone has the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the implementation of a diverse, comprehensive development plan that includes annual giving, major and planned gifts and special events.
- Working closely with Foundation staff to ensure quality stewardship, engagement and donor service activities.
- Cultivating and soliciting gifts individually or jointly with the President and/or Foundation volunteers.
- Providing support to the President in managing the President’s portfolio of donors.
- Leading the development of a compelling case for support and overseeing the creation of appropriate donor materials.
- Continuing to increase the Circle of Promise society with a focus on moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Managing the FIMS donor information database.
- Assisting with Board training and development, particularly in the area of resource development.
- Representing the Foundation at community activities, being a spokesperson for the Foundation and its mission, and, in general, serving as an ambassador for the Foundation by promoting the Foundation to all of its constituencies.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the incumbent.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and show excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates exemplary organizational skills; self-directed; has the ability to effectively develop and implement action plans.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exhibits unquestionable integrity and ethics; is a team player.
- Demonstrates a sincere commitment and passion for the mission of the Foundation.
- Experience working with nonprofits and/or volunteers, particularly in the areas of fundraising and donor development, is preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed and attend evening and weekend events.
- Resides in Porter County, Indiana.
Latest posts by Aly Sterling Philanthropy (see all)
- You’re invited to HAPPY HOUR with Jen Pendleton and Sarah K. Nathan - November 20, 2017
- 4 Ways to Get Better Information From Your Data - November 16, 2017
- 5 Standout Strategies for Year-End Fundraising Success - October 24, 2017