Last week I was thrilled to find out that participants in The Board Series (TBS) hosted by the Columbus Foundation (Ohio) had already begun to put their new knowledge to use!
Their list of observations below – accrued after just one session of the series – provides a great summary of some basic ways to improve the focus and function of any board. Here’s what participants had to say:
- “We conducted a full bylaws review.”
- “We inventoried which policies and documents were missing.”
- “The timing for the subject was perfect – we are in the process of filling board vacancies.”
- “I thought I had a governance committee, but now I know I don’t!”
- “We revisited things and are retooling our committee purpose and focus.”
I challenge you to apply these observations to your board and begin the process of energizing members to support your mission.
Latest posts by Aly Sterling (see all)
- Please join us for Giving USA 2016 - May 27, 2016
- Tips for Your Board from TBS Columbus Participants - March 5, 2014