Aly Sterling Philanthropy Seeks Nonprofit Advisor
The Nonprofit Advisor, in partnership with the ASP leadership team, is responsible for leading multiple client engagements. Advising will consist of designing and collaboratively implementing client strategies and initiatives, including fundraising services, strategic planning and board governance. The Advisor will also be responsible for presenting special topic workshops including our signature The Fundraising Series℠ and The Board Series.℠
Apply by December 19, 2014
Reports To: Vice President
Location: Aly Sterling Philanthropy, headquarters in Toledo, Ohio
Hours: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Based on experience
Contact Information: Please respond by submitting cover letter, resume, the names of three professional references, and salary requirements by end of day December 19, 2014 to:
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years demonstrated fund development or similar experience a must.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding time management skills and experience handling multiple projects at once.
- Experience (and/or a willingness to learn) presenting to small and large groups is desired.
- Some travel including overnight stays is required.
- The ideal candidate is a dynamic, detail-oriented self-starter who learns quickly, is able to anticipate the next step in a strategy and works well as part of a team.
- Patience and diplomacy a must.
- Computer literate; knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Prezi is a plus.
- Should be accessible for meetings before and after regular work hours as necessary.
How We Work
- ASP exists to inspire and support organizations to boldly achieve their goals by building innovative fundraising, strategic planning, board governance and corporate giving partnerships with clients.
- Our ASP team environment is one filled with purpose, energy and dedication to each other and our clients. We are inspired by trends, motivated by change and grounded by proven techniques and experiences.
- Plus, we all really like and respect each other and try to keep life in perspective.
- But we are selective. Over the past seven years, we’ve built a national reputation by assembling an amazing core team of advisors and clients. We feel we know how important certain interpersonal skills are to making relationships work and outcomes happen.
- We are excited to welcome a new team member to help expand our local, regional and national presence and, ultimately, enhance our vibrant work culture and daily energy.
- We believe in and offer a “balanced” work environment. While the demands and deliverables of the work are many, the flexibility to have a personal life is encouraged and supported.
About Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Aly Sterling Philanthropy (ASP) is a full-service fundraising and board governance firm, specializing in building sustainable solutions for nonprofits. “Sustainable” is a key component of our philosophy and practices as we believe organizations have both the desire and ability to create authentic and manageable systems that result in a continuous cycle of donor and board engagement and transformational gifts.
We’re proud to offer the following consultation services to our clients:
- Fundraising assessments and strategy
- Board assessment and development
- Feasibility studies
- Corporate and workforce board training
- Capital campaign leadership
- Executive Search consultation
- Strategic planning
- Corporate giving consultation
Here’s what some of our clients have to say:
“This community needs you and your team, so I’m very excited about our partnership. From my standpoint, bringing you into our situation was one of the best things that happened to us.” —Teresa A. Beebe, Board Chair, Toledo Humane Society | Toledo, OH
“Your work on our feasibility study has been critical in how we are positioning the Foundation as we move forward in securing lead funding for our initiatives. We are grateful we chose your team, and for the opportunity to have worked with you on the project. —Michele McIsaac, Vice President of Development Porter Hills Foundation | Grand Rapids, MI
“In Aly Sterling Philanthropy, we know we’ve chosen the best consultant to help us thoughtfully plan and successfully orchestrate our first capital campaign. The leadership skills, hands-on project management experience and fundraising expertise that Aly and her firm bring to the table are providing exactly the direction and counsel we needed to move forward with our campaign vision. We couldn’t have a more capable and effective project partner.” —Silvia Argueta, Executive Director | Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
1847 Collingwood Blvd.
Toledo, Ohio 43604
Latest posts by Aly Sterling Philanthropy (see all)
- 5 Strategic Fundraising Calendar Tips for Experts - August 11, 2017
- Nonprofit Staffing: 9 Pro Tips – The Nonprofit Tech Carnival - August 9, 2017
- Open Position: Nonprofit Advisor at Aly Sterling Philanthropy [Apply by August 11] - July 27, 2017