Aly Sterling Philanthropy Seeks Nonprofit Advisor
The Nonprofit Advisor, in partnership with the ASP leadership team, is responsible for leading multiple client engagements. Advising will consist of designing and collaboratively implementing client strategies and initiatives, including fundraising, board governance, strategic planning and executive search services. The Advisor will also be responsible for presenting special topic workshops including our signature programs The Fundraising SeriesSM and The Board Series.SM
Reports to: Vice President
Location: Aly Sterling Philanthropy headquarters in Toledo, Ohio
Hours: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Based on experience. Benefits include generous vacation time, a retirement savings match, continuing education reimbursement and a charitable giving match.
Apply by: August 11, 2017
To Apply: Please email a cover letter (with salary requirements), resume and three references in one attachment by end of day Friday, Aug. 11, to:
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be considered.
About Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Aly Sterling Philanthropy is a full-service consulting firm specializing in building sustainable solutions for nonprofits. We provide fundraising, board governance, strategic planning and executive search services to organizations of all shapes and sizes.
We’re proud to offer the following consultation services to our clients:
Fundraising assessment and strategy
Capital campaign leadership
Board assessment and development
Executive search consultation
Corporate giving consultation
Signature training programs
The Fundraising SeriesSM
The Board SeriesSM
Board Member Accelerator
How We Work
- ASP exists to inspire and support organizations to boldly achieve their goals by building innovative fundraising, board governance, strategic planning and executive search partnerships with clients.
- Our ASP team environment is one filled with purpose, energy and dedication to each other and our clients. We are inspired by trends, motivated by change and grounded by proven techniques and experiences.
- Plus, we all really like and respect each other and try to keep life in perspective. Culture is everything to us.
- But we are selective. Over the past 10 years, we’ve built a national reputation by assembling an amazing core team of advisors and clients. We feel we know how important certain interpersonal skills are to making relationships work and outcomes happen.
- We are excited to welcome a new team member to help expand our local, regional and national presence and, ultimately, enhance our vibrant work culture and daily energy.
- We believe in and offer a “balanced” work environment. While the demands and deliverables of the work are many, the flexibility to have a personal life is encouraged and supported.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years demonstrated fund development or similar experience a must.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding time management skills and experience handling multiple projects at once.
- Experience (and/or a willingness to learn) presenting to small and large groups is desired.
- Some travel including overnight stays is required.
- The ideal candidate is a dynamic, detail-oriented self-starter who learns quickly, is able to anticipate the next step in a strategy and works well as part of a team.
- Patience and diplomacy a must.
- Computer literate; knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Prezi is a plus.
- Should be accessible for meetings before and after regular work hours as necessary.
Here’s what some of our clients have to say:
“Consultants come and go, but if you’re looking for a true partner, an extension of your team, a group of individuals who care deeply about your mission and dive in and roll up their sleeves, then Aly Sterling Philanthropy is the firm.”
Benjamin S.M. Nicol, CFRE
Chief Executive Officer | Phi Kappa Psi Foundation
“In Aly Sterling Philanthropy, we know we’ve chosen the best consultant to help us thoughtfully plan and successfully orchestrate our first capital campaign. The leadership skills, hands-on project management experience and fundraising expertise that Aly and her firm bring to the table are providing exactly the direction and counsel we needed to move forward with our campaign vision. We couldn’t have a more capable and effective project partner.”
Executive Director | Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
“Your work on our feasibility study has been critical in how we are positioning the Foundation as we move forward in securing lead funding for our initiatives. We are grateful we chose your team, and for the opportunity to have worked with you on the project.”
Vice President of Development | Porter Hills Foundation, Grand Rapids, MI
Latest posts by Aly Sterling Philanthropy (see all)
- 5 Strategic Fundraising Calendar Tips for Experts - August 11, 2017
- Nonprofit Staffing: 9 Pro Tips – The Nonprofit Tech Carnival - August 9, 2017
- Open Position: Nonprofit Advisor at Aly Sterling Philanthropy [Apply by August 11] - July 27, 2017