Mission-focused Philanthropy at ProMedica
Major Gifts Officer
APPLY BY JUNE 5, 2019
ProMedica is seeking an experienced major gifts officer to play a key role in advancing the growing philanthropic goals across the healthcare system.
The major gifts officer is expected to manage a portfolio of 150 donor/prospects, each with an estimated capacity to give $10,000 or more. In coordination with the ProMedica philanthropy team, the major gifts officer is responsible for building strategic relationships between the people in his/her portfolio and the comprehensive campaign needs of the system.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit promedica.org/aboutus.
- The ideal candidate for the major gift officer position is donor-centric, strategic and self-driven, able to thrive in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- The major gifts officer will help guide prospects and donors to accomplish their philanthropic goals and aspirations in alignment with the ProMedica Mission of health and well-being.
- They will ensure proper documentation in donor software system used to track and report relationship management and solicitation.
- They will achieve specific metrics by spending most of their time cultivating and stewarding donors.
- They will develop relationships in a strategic manner by creating and implementing donor-centric moves management plans for donor acquisition, cultivation and retention.
- They will attend ProMedica events and other related community events (often outside of regular office hours) as an ambassador for our Mission, as applicable.
- The major gifts officer will work collaboratively with other fundraisers, Foundation leadership and support personnel to achieve the annual team fundraising goal of $25M.
EXPERIENCE: ProMedica desires candidates with three or more years of experience in face-to-face fundraising, sales or business development.
EDUCATION: In addition to the skills listed in the position narrative, a bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
COMPENSATION: Salary is dependent on experience, qualifications and credentials.
BENEFITS: ProMedica provides an outstanding benefit package, including comprehensive healthcare, paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
LOCATION: Toledo, Ohio
Please submit a cover letter (addressing what you would like to accomplish if chosen for this position), salary requirements, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be considered.
- Donor Appreciation: 3 Meaningful Ways to Show Your Gratitude - January 6, 2023
- How Total Rewards Strategies Can Enhance Nonprofit Employee Retention - December 8, 2022
- 4 Virtual Auction Mistakes (& How to Avoid Making Them) - September 19, 2022