Maumee City Schools Seeks Director of Development and Alumni Relations
The Director of Development and Alumni Relations, in collaboration with the Superintendent, School Principals, the Maumee Schools Board of Education, and the Panther Pride Foundation Board, is responsible for designing and executing a fund development strategy for the newly-launched Panther Pride Foundation. The Panther Pride Foundation was founded to support the academic, athletic, arts and other activities that enhance the student experience at Maumee High School.
Apply by March 2, 2016
Reports to: Superintendent
Location: Maumee, Ohio
Hours: Full-time salaried position
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Please submit a cover letter and resume (in one attachment) by end of day March 2, 2016 to:
Aly Sterling Philanthropy
Only applications submitted via email will be considered.
About Maumee High School
Maumee High School has a long history of excellence. As the oldest chartered public high school in the state of Ohio, Maumee is a founding member of the Northern Lakes League and has been accredited by the North Central Association since 1936. The high school has received an “Excellent” or higher rating from the state of Ohio for 11 consecutive years and was recognized as an AP School of Excellence in 2013. Additionally, Maumee High School enjoys a strong partnership with families and the local community which has, over the decades, regularly approved levies to provide needed nancial support.
[hr toptext=”” size=”small” custom_size=”” hide_mobile_hr=”true”]
- Responsible for designing and executing a comprehensive fund development strategy, including the following core initiatives: Annual Fund, Major/Capital Gifts, Donor Stewardship, Planned Gifts and Alumni Relations.
- Responsible and accountable for meeting annual fund development financial target goals, including monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) associated with these goals.
- Responsible for leading all donor cultivation, solicitation and recognition, including creating a key prospect list, submitting detailed monthly activity reports and specific moves management strategies and progress updates. Responsible for managing a portfolio of 50-100 major donors and coordinating visits and meetings between the Superintendent, Board members, and potential donors.
- Facilitates events that bring together alumni and potential or current donors and the Superintendent, students, parents and staff.
- Develops and implements capital and major gifts campaigns with approval from the Superintendent, Board of Education and the Foundation Board.
- Responsible for the development of giving societies, for purposes of increasing perpetual support for the organization’s programs and services. This includes creation of an advisory committee, related policies and procedures, program events, marketing and educational materials.
- Is lead staff liaison to the creation and management of the Foundation Board and/or a Development Committee. Develops systems to train and encourage board involvement in annual fund solicitation, personal giving and donor recognition.
- Responsible for developing a vibrant Alumni Relations plan, to include the engagement and cultivation of a diverse and geographically dispersed alumni base. Coordinates and directs alumni events and reunions; updates and enhances alumni database using donor management software.
- Is expected to develop healthy and productive relationships with all internal stakeholders, and departments. Should look toward creating more effective and ef cient system sharing of information, case successes and nancial/outcome data. Is responsible, along with the leadership, to advance and grow an internal culture and commitment to philanthropy.
- Consistently seeks to build relationships with board members, staff and administration, Parent Teacher Organizations, Booster groups, other volunteers, community partners and donors. Communicates and coordinates with these groups to ensure that donors are not being over-solicited by multiple Maumee Schools representatives.
- Familiarity with and commitment to public schools, Maumee Schools and the Maumee community, and a willingness to participate in the school’s activities, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated fund development and/or marketing/communications experience required; supervisory and leadership skills a must
- Excellent written, verbal, project management and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, creative and a self-starter
- Strong commitment to public education
- Computer literate; knowledgeable of donor software systems and Microsoft Of ce products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must possess skills necessary to ef ciently plan and implement activities within policies and procedures; maintain positive working relationship; respect rights of others; demonstrate initiative and accept accountability; effectively manage time and communicate and respond to inquiries with a sense of urgency
- Should be accessible for meetings before and after normal work hours, as necessary
- Background check required
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the incumbent.
Maumee High School
1147 Saco Street | Maumee, Ohio 43537
419-893-8778 | 419-893-5621 (fax)