A Nun’s Life Seeks Communications Manager
We are seeking a Communications Manager to join the team of A Nun’s Life Ministry, an innovator in online presence. As Communications Manager, you will plan, organize, and implement online programs in support of the mission of A Nun’s Life.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Hours: Full-time – work week may include occasional travel and weekends
Classification: Salaried, full-time, exempt, year-round position
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on experience
To Apply: Please email a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume by September 29, 2017, to:
A Nun’s Life Ministry
Only applications submitted via email will be accepted.
ABOUT A NUN’S LIFE MINISTRY
A Nun’s Life is an Internet-based ministry where Catholic sisters and nuns engage with a vibrant online community around faith, vocation, and finding joy in everyday life. People from 150 countries connect with us at aNunslife.org and on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Disqus, and other social platforms. A Nun’s Life features blogs, podcasts, livestreaming events, chats, videos, and more.
A Nun’s Life Ministry is founded on the belief that each person
is called by God to a vocation that enriches the individual
and the world. Our mission is to help people discover and grow
in their vocation – wherever God is calling them!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the annual communications plan and budget for online presence.
- Manage the aNunsLife.org website, working with web developers and designers.
- Manage the social platforms of A Nun’s Life, cognizant of social trends and approaches.
- Create and implement the weekly editorial schedule, coordinating the website, social, and other electronic communications.
- Create, curate, and post multimedia content on the website and social platforms.
- Monitor and respond to visitor comments across all platforms, and be present in the social networks of others who share common interests with A Nun’s Life.
- Create and distribute the monthly e-newsletter.
- Monitor and evaluate metrics across all platforms to ensure effectiveness, recommending adjustments to strategies as needed.
- Update and maintain a well-indexed and comprehensive database of photos, videos, and images.
- Participate in the weekly Praying with the Sisters livestreaming podcast.
- Provide support for workshops, presentations, consultations, and exhibits offered by A Nun’s Life Ministry.
- Assist the Executive Director with media relations.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the incumbent.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of communications and/or marketing experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Hands-on experience with website administration, particularly in Drupal
- Hands-on experience with popular social platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube, among others
- Project management skills including problem solving, the ability to manage multiple projects, and the ability to meet deadlines and budgets
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and programs for photo and video editing
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms, particularly MailChimp
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to take initiative and be creative
A Nun’s Life Ministry is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A Nun’s Life is a not-for-profit 501c3 organization.
Latest posts by Aly Sterling Philanthropy (see all)
- Open Position: Communications Manager at A Nun’s Life Ministry [Apply by Sept. 29] - September 7, 2017
- Open Position: Grants and Contracts Associate at ABLE [Apply to Aly Sterling Philanthropy] - August 29, 2017
- 5 Strategic Fundraising Calendar Tips for Experts - August 11, 2017