Vice President for Institutional Advancement
at Lourdes University
The Vice President for Institutional Advancement serves as the chief advancement officer, responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program that includes donor identification and cultivation, major gifts, external relations, planned giving, and much more.
- 7-10 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising; higher education advancement experience preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred; CFRE preferred.
- Strong record of accomplishments in advancement activities, annual giving and planned giving programs, capital campaigns, and major gift solicitation.
- Dynamic organizational, communication, supervisory, and interpersonal skills are essential; must be able to communicate impactfully, both in written and oral form.
- Must be an effective team player, willing to be fully involved in the University community.
- Ability to create and maintain strong partnerships with administrators, faculty, staff, board of trustees, and develop strategic partnerships with all external audiences to ensure the University is an integral part of the Toledo region.
- Self-starter; able to lead a team to meet and exceed goals.
- Visionary; able to create and execute on both a macro and micro level the vision of the University and able to steward the University and its constituents toward that vision.
- Understands the complexity of finance and investments to ensure facilitation of high level gifts from major donors.
- Able to speak professionally, think creatively, and possess a dynamic understanding of the University.
- Knows how to create opportunities that capture the interest and passion of donors while also serving well the mission of the University.
- Understands and works effectively with religious sponsor relationship.
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
The President of the University
Full-time, salaried position
Salary is commensurate with experience, qualifications and credentials.
Lourdes provides an outstanding benefit package including comprehensive healthcare insurance, paid time off and a 403(B) plan with employer match.
Please upload a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume by end of day Friday, Dec. 22, 2017.
Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, direction, and supervision of external constituency programs.
- Works with the president on all advancement-related issues as a partner.
- Strategically involves all levels of the community in advancement activities.
- Creates and implements the comprehensive institutional advancement plan for the University to generate maximum income from individuals, foundations, and corporations, with a goal of cultivating direct, sustainable relationships between donors and the University. This includes:
- Leading the setting/achieving of annual goals for the betterment of the community, and preparing the University for growth and opportunity.
- Overseeing data management and gift acknowledgement for donors.
- Overseeing all prospect research and cultivation; planning and directing all campaigns.
- Coordinating, preparing, and overseeing the solicitation of major gifts.
- Development and execution of the alumni giving program.
- Overseeing annual fundraising activities.
- Overseeing all grant proposals, including corporate, foundation, and government requests.
- Establishes and maintains a system of coordination among the various fundraising efforts throughout the University.
- Effectively uses the University community to steward and develop potential gifts. Recognizes the talent present in the University community and how to best use it externally.
- Develops partnerships with community and business leaders and the University.
- Maintains a working relationship with the communications team internally to ensure the strategic initiatives of institutional advancement are being understood and met.
- Facilitates and staffs the Institutional Advancement Committee and the Trustee Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Oversees Institutional Advancement Department staff members; identifies and uses special talents.
- Prepares and administers the annual institutional advancement budget.
The above list of duties is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent. It is not meant to serve as an exhaustive list of duties.
Apply to Aly Sterling Philanthropy
We’ve made it easy for you to apply by submitting your cover letter, with salary requirements, resume and writing sample online.
NEWS & RESOURCES
Sign up for our email newsletter and receive FREE resources, exclusive tips, news and offers!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Contact us for more information about our services and how we can help your mission.